Recipe by: Jennifer Schell
This rich and creamy blue is seriously good with anything and everything or, of course, on its own. Try some atop your grilled steak, on your burger, stuffed into a half a strawberry or fresh fig or displayed on your cheese board with apple slices and Upper Bench’s other delicious cheeses. This is the easiest dressing recipe ever. Adjust for number of people – this recipe is for two big salads or four small.
- A good chunk of King Cole (measured about ½ cup)
- 1 tbsp high quality Red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl, mash cheese with a fork. Whisk in red wine vinegar, EVOO and s&p to a thick, chunky consistency.
- Big bunch of local spinach
- One Okanagan Apple – diced
- ¼ Walla Walla onion – thinly sliced (optional)
- Handful of local walnuts (I have a big tree so pop over if you need some)
- Dolci Deli & Catering’s Bacon Salt to finish.
Wash and dry fresh local spinach. Toss together with apple, onion and dressing and top with walnuts and bacon salt.
Pair with Upper Bench Pinot Gris. Cheers!