FALL RECIPE BOOK – Smoked ‘n’ Rolled Chicken with Grilled Caesar
– Chef Trevor Mayhew, Barrel Top Grill, Little Straw Winery
100g *Carmelis plain chevry (goat cheese)
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of kosher salt
4 x 6oz chicken breast, filets removed
12 thin slices prosciutto
1) In a bowl, combine the cheese, herbs and lemon juice. Mix well.
2) Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting along the thick side, lay flat and spread 2 tbsp of the mixture over top.
3) Fold the chicken over and wrap with 3 slices of prosciutto.
4) Grill over medium heat until chicken is no longer opaque and prosciutto is brown and crispy. (approx. 20 minutes.)
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
3 tbsp organic honey
¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
3 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp fresh mint
2 cloves garlic
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 romaine hearts, cut in half
Salt and pepper
1) In a blender, combine the first 7 ingredients. Process while slowly adding the oil.
2) Brush the cut side of the romaine with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3) Grill over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Plate and drizzle with dressing.
Serve with a glass of Little Straw Tapestry. Cheers!
*Carmelis Goat Cheese Artisan is located on a farm in the upper mission area of Kelowna. Products are available at Urban Fare, Okanagan Grocery amongst other fine stores.