• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup*
• 1 1/2 oz. white rum or gin
• 3 oz. grapefruit juice
• Sparkling wine or champagne
• 1 grapefruit, quartered
• A few fresh mint leaves
1. Place a few ice cubes in a mason jar.
2. Add the first four ingredients for the cocktail to the glass and top up with sparkling wine or champagne.
3. Garnish with quartered grapefruit and fresh mint.
* A common ingredient in cocktails, simple syrup is easy as pie to prepare: mix 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white sugar in a small saucepan, then dissolve the sugar over low heat stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.