Artisans on the Naramata Bench have banded together to create a “destination” studio tour that will dazzle and delight visitors, especially if you like to know who made it! Paintings, sculptures, prints, pottery, fused glass, designer clothing and lavender products are sure to tempt the senses.
Pick up an “Art on the Naramata Bench Studio Tour” brochure at information centres or participating studios and venture out on your personal odyssey to meet some of the Okanagan’s most creative folks.
1. Cormier’s Studio: Lawrence & Kena Cormier’s “cultural tourism feast” of sculpture and mixed media “wallart”.
2. Terry Isaac Studio: Internationally acclaimed wildlife artist offers originals, prints and art cards.
3. Johann Wessels Studio: “Last year I spent an hour in freezing cold water, photographing a very brave model, underwater, for a series of paintings I was working on.”
4. James Hibbert Pottery: Uses a variety of unique firing techniques to create Stoneware, Raku and Saggarware.
5. Gallery Unique: Petronella creates contemporary acrylic paintings & sculpture.
6. Dennis Evans Art Studios: Paintings of the local landscape and pottery.
7. Carlarry Glass Art: Fused glass functional art, he’ll even show you how!
8. Shades of Linen: Diane designs & creates clothing from natural fibres.
9 Robinson Art Gallery and Gifts: Something for every taste.
10. Forest Green Lavender Man: Karolina’s paintings & farm grown lavender products.
11. Jacqueline W. Haydon Art Studio: Returning artist to Naramata – paintings.
12. Mars Factor Gallery: “Life’s work in progress.” Paintings, sculpture & hand carved totem poles.
More work can be viewed at the Naramata Heritage Inn and Perseus Winery.
~ Lorne Eckersley