Top 10 great reasons to visit OCP this summer:
1. Taste and Buy – discover the distinct, terroir-focused wines in the new O Tasting Lounge.
2. Relax with a glass of wine on the new Crush Pad Patio.
3. Bring your own picnic lunch and soak up the atmosphere.
4. See what a 2,000 litre concrete egg shaped fermentation tank looks like.
5. Sample house brand wines that have been “Raised in Concrete™”.
6. Meet the friendly winery team
7. More than 6 wine brands and 30 different limited production, vineyard inspired wines available for purchase.
8. Walk through the 8 acres of Clone 52 Pinot Gris planted on the own Switchback Vineyard on a beautiful bench overlooking Okanagan Lake.
9. Hike up the Lookout Trail behind the winery and experience the terroir first hand.
10. Bring your dog – they’re dog friendly.
Wines on the not-to-miss list include the 2011 Canyonview Chardonnay ($23.00) with bright citrus aromas and flavours of orchard fruit and lime zest with a crisp chalky finish and good acidity. Also grab a couple of the new boxed wines, which completely destroy the myth that great wine only comes in bottles. There’s a Rosé ($52), White and Red (both $54); a steal for 3 litres.
~ Cassandra Anderton