Phantom Creek Estates is located in the unique terroir of the South Okanagan’s Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country where it produces some of the best red wines in Canada.
The vineyards soak in full sun on the southwest-facing Black Sage Bench. Certified organic, the roots sink into well-draining sandy soils left there by streams from retreating glaciers that deposited nutrient-rich sediment over thousands of years.
Phantom Creek is a popular destination winery with 10 acres of grapes, planted in 1996, that have produced nationally recognized wines. Director of winemaking Mark Beringer, consulting winemaker Olivier Humbrecht (MW), and director of farming Amy Richards have been leading Phantom Creek into ground-breaking territory in Okanagan winemaking.
The winery crafts single-vineyard Bordeaux reds, Alsatian whites, and varieties of Viognier and Syrah from storied vineyards.
Phantom Creek has six exclusive new releases just for its wine club members.
- 2020 Kobau Vineyard Merlot: Poised, vibrant dark cherry and Damson plum, beautifully accented by cola spices, bittersweet chocolate, and aromatic desert sagebrush.
- 2020 Kobau Vineyard Cuvée: Opulent cassis, wild brambles, and dark plum balanced with luxurious oak, with savoury notes of graphite, dried flowers, and cedar.
- 2021 Kobau Vineyard Viognier: Bright orchard fruits, led by just-picked apricots, aromatics of perfumed honeysuckle and heady spices, with subtle ginger and almond.
- 2020 Kobau Vineyard Syrah: Rich, expressive blackberry and spiced plum fruit, lifted by fragrant lavender and white pepper, evolving in the glass with layers of black olive, cured meat, bay leaf, sage, and oak.
- 2020 Peachland Organic Pinot Gris: Crisp Anjou pear and juicy Okanagan white peach, heightened by white orchard blossoms and fragrant Madagascar vanilla bean.
- 2020 Kobau Vineyard Cabernet Franc: Sweet cherry and black raspberry fruit with heady notes of licorice, rose petals, and black truffle.
Join Phantom Creek’s wine club to access limited vintages. Come visit Phantom Creek in Oliver. More great info at phantomcreekestates.com.