“At Covert Farms we grow the most amazing Peaches & Cream Corn, which inspired us to make a classic “Antojito” or Mexican street snack. “Elote con Crema” is a simple dish that translates as “Corn with Cream” but the secret is the fresh ingredients you garnish the corn with. This dish reflects a true taste of the harvest and is perfect for any fall menu.” Farm Chef Derek Uhlemann.
Ingredients 2 servings
– 2 Covert Farms “Peaches & Cream” Organic Corn on the Cob in the husk.
– 4 litres water approx.
– 2 tbsp Course Salt
– 4 tbsp Sour Cream, Crema Mexicana, or Crème Fraiche
– Salt to taste
– 2 Covert Farms Padron Peppers Fire Grilled & rough Chopped
– 1 Covert Farms Organic Walla Walla Onions rough chopped
– ½ lb Covert Farms Organic Grape Tomatoes
– 6 Covert Farms Organic Spring Onions Grilled
– 1 clove Grown With Love Organic Garlic Chopped
– 1 Bunch Covert Farms Organic Flat Leave Parsley Chopped
– Hand Torn Covert Farms Fresh Basil
– Dried Chilis , or Hot Sauce
Place the water in a pot and add the salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Add the still husked Corn into the water and boil for 7 minutes. Remove Corn in Husk and let it cool at room temperature. When cool remove the husk and cut the corn kernels of the cob and put them into their serving bowls Dollop the “crema” onto the bowls of corn and season with salt. Add your chosen garnishes on top and serve at room temperature.