Recipe Courtesy of Salt Spring Kitchen Co.
It’s a little spicy, a little smoky, and a little sweet. This take on a margarita hits all the right notes.
- Cucumber in 1-inch rounds
- Cilantro, few nice sprigs
- Fresh lime juice from 1/2 a lime
- Hot Mango Spicy Pepper Spread, a generous tsp.
- Mescal, 1.5 ounce
- Cointreau, .5 ounce
- Chili lime salt (I’ve used Tajin)
- Run fresh lime around rim of glass then roll into chili lime salt.
- Place the cucumber and cilantro in a shaker and muddle well.
- Add the juice of half a lime, generous teaspoon of sskco’s hot mango jam, 1 1/2 ounce of Mescal and 1/2 ounce of Cointreau or Triple Sec.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into your rimmed glass. Garnish and enjoy!